Friday, September 25, 2009

Creating one's own archives

Search Engines can only find what has been stored and indexed well. Even clever engines like Google are not able to find a number of my publications. I know that if we indexed them well with proper keywords etc, they will get accessible.

Wonder if anyone has faced the problems like I have, and then begun to organise their own writings to be put on the archives. I have for example work that was published before the birth of the Internet.

But, since this was published in a research journal, Springer, they have archived the content in a pdf. And Google Scholar (beta) was able to detect it. But there are whole lot of work that exists which is not online. So, one can imagine, if all of us just began to retrieve, index and organise our own works, we might create a new bundle of knowledge.

Check out this paper (lot of science, I am afraid) and my move from the Environmental Physiology to ICT4D and Knowledge Sharing domains!

http://www.springerlink.com/content/lm67852m62n60u21/fulltext.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment